Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is spotted at US FCC which means it’s cleared to enter U.S. markets. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 was launched in August last year and it received good feedback. The Redmi Note 5 is expected to be launched in summer. The Redmi Note 5 could be available in two variants, 32GB and 64GB. While the images of Redmi Note 5 are not available yet, the images used in this blog post are of Redmi Note 3 and is used for representation purposes only. After it’s first launch, Xiaomi sent shock waves in the smartphone industry by taunting Apple by perfectly copying it’s design and launch styles.
Features of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5:
- Display: 5.5-inch full-HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection.
- Processor: 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 octa-core SoC or a 2.1GHz MediaTek Helio x25 deca-core SoC.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB & 64GB variants; expandable up to 128GB.
- Camera: 16-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel front camera.
- Battery: 4000MAh battery with support for Quick Charge 3.0.
- Connectivity: Connectivity options expected are VoLTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11n, GPS, and USB Type-C port.
- Operating System: Android 7.1 Nougat-based MIUI 9.
- Variants: Gold, Silver, and Black variants.
The smartphone is expected to be priced at Rs. 10,999 for the 32GB variant, and Rs. 12,999 for the 64GB variant. As you can see, the Redmi Note 5 is packed with powerful features. Apple’s philosophy is something like, “Quality comes at cost” . It always make me think; powerful but cheap, how is that possible? In terms of quality, nothing matches Apple. It’s a fact and truth. It’s just not the case with Xiaomi, most of the Android smartphone manufacturers act the same.
The phone is expected to be launched in summer in the Chinese market. After a month or so, the smartphone will make it’s way to other Asian markets. The Redmi Note 4X was also recently spotted on TENAA. In India, the Redmi Note 4 is still to be unveiled and is expected to be launched on Jan 19th.