Vantablack is the blackest material on earth. This blackest material on earth is a non-metal. Vantablack is a substance made of carbon nanotubes. Surrey NanoSystems created Vantablack in 2014. Vantablack is the darkest material ever. The company describes Vantablack as a “forest” of millions of nanotubes. When you run a laser through this material, the red dot can’t be seen anywhere. Light can’t escape through the web of nanotubes.
VANTABLACK: Vertically Aligned Nano Tube Arrays
So what are the applications of Vantablack?
- Vantablack, the blackest material on earth that can absorb 99.965% of the light incident on it. So it can be used in photography.
- Vantablack can be used in telescopes to shoo away light.
- It can be used as a paint.
Vantablack: How special it is?
- Can absorb 99.96% of the light incident on it.
- Even a laser can’t pass through it.
- Can absorb heat effectively.
So Vantablack is the darkest and the blackest material on earth, if not the universe. This darkest material and is one of the man’s wonders. May be this type of technologies can be used by Google and SpaceX for their space missions.