List of Essential Software for Windows: When a Windows laptop or a PC is bundled, it comes with nothing other than just the Operating System. Today we present you with the list of essential software for Windows and will guide you in downloading and installing them.
- Drivers: A driver is a piece of software that keeps your windows running smoothly without any hardware problems. A driver is a not a essential but a must software. You need to install the drivers first before you could install any utility software. Check out this article: www.dustmoon.com/how-to-download-and-install-drivers-in-windows/
2. Browser: Who don’t access web today? A browser is the most essential software in Windows. Microsoft just bundles Windows with Internet Explorer which is a really good browser for downloading other browsers. Google Chrome is the most widely used browser in the world followed by Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Related: Must have Addons for Google Chrome
3. Peer-to-Peer Networking: Who don’t want to enjoy free movies? uTorrent and BitTorrent are no foreigners. They are the most popular torrent networking clients in the world.
4. File Compressors 7-Zip is a free and open source file compressor and decompressor unlike WinZip which is to be bought at a hefty price. 7-Zip supports many formats like 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM, AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z. 7-Zip is just 1 MB and extremely lite.
5. Adobe Acrobat Reader: PDF reader is extremely essential for windows. Most of the documents available today will be in a PDF format. Adobe Reader comes with a bunch of features and so I recommend you to download it. You may also try Foxit Reader which is also a good one.
6. Adobe Flash Player: Do you love YouTube? Adobe Flash Player is definitely a must software for Windows without which many video formats cannot be decoded properly. Most of the video sharing website requires you to have Adobe Flash Player to play their videos without any interruption.
Download: Adobe Flash Player
7. Internet Download Manager (IDM): No one wants to download files in a browser which you may lose or may not able to restart after a internet connection failure. Internet Download Manager gives you the feature to pause, resume and download files at your custom time. Here is a thing, the best feature of the Internet Download Manager is, it doubles your download speed. This is due to a mechanism which IDM incorporates by sending multiple connections to the server to get the same file.
Download: Internet Download Manager (IDM)
8. IOBit Uninstaller: This is really essential for a Windows PC. When you uninstall a program it leaves behind many files and it does many registry modifications. To delete those unwanted files and registry edits IOBit Uninstaller is the best option. It is free for life.
Download: IOBit Uninstaller
9. Java: Java is required by many programs and hence it is a extremely essential software in Windows.
10. Media Players: Media Player is essential to listen music and watch movies. While Windows is only bundled with Windows Media Player which do not support all the formats. VLC Media Player and KM Player are the best media players till date which support various media formats.
11. Microsoft Office: MS Office is the best office suite till date but it’s not free which really makes us feel bad. OpenOffice is a alternative to Microsoft Office.
The official software mentioned above is just a trial version and a product key is required to activate it which comes at a hefty price. The unofficial software can be activated using a activation software which is available for free.
Check out this article:
12. Antivirus: Windows is prone to viruses and so a Antivirus software is essential. Here we talk about two antivirus software which are free. 360 Internet Security and Panda Free Antivirus. Both of them equally perform well but I personally prefer Panda Free Antivirus.
13. SHAREit: Shareit is a wireless file transfer software with which you can transfer files from your PC to another PC or to an Android and even a iPhone. It is developed and maintained by Lenovo.
14. Skype: Free audio and video calls? Skype is what that comes to your mind.
15. WiFi Hotspot: Turn your PC into a portable WiFi hotspot. Virtual Router is what I personally suggest. It’s lite and a good performer.
Download: Virtual Router