Android. The first thing that made the Mobiles usage a much interesting thing ever. There are times, when this is in it’s initial stage of development, it is just good to use Mobiles for Telecommunication purposes mainly. But, after introduction of this thing, Mobiles are fashioned just in a way like brand models. Android totally revolutionized the field of Mobile Phones. It gave the chance to many people to use their Mobiles to do almost all things, as if in a Computer. Thus, it became the Best Innovation of this Decade, as per many sources.
However, Extensive Use of Android Phones is making many People so numb and physically ill-fit. It also changed the Relationship Bonding from Physical Presence to Online Presence. It converted feelings into emoticons and stickers. It gave a chance to many passionate Innovaters to design and promote their applications and ideas. How can a Android Can help you actually? What are benefits of using it? Watch a Movie online, Book Travel, Accomodation and Movie Tickets online, Play Insane Games, Chat with your loved-ones, Video-Calling and Sharing Images and Videos in a instant, Share anything, Control your devices via Android etc etc….What not? Now, Android helps you to do almost anything in this earth…..
But, that’s not the thing. How did this Idea emerge? What is the History hidden, behind it? Let’s know what is what about this Operating System. Dive with me right into the depths of Android History.
First of All, Android is the Mobile OS (Operating System) which has been developed by Google. It is a Linux-based software system. As I referred to Linux, Android is also Free or Open Source Software. That is the very reason behind other companies using Android OS at their wish, literally to cook their fish, to bake their dish. Android’s User Interface is precisely based on Accurate Manipulation, using touch gestures, such as swiping, tapping and pinching. Now, it revolutionized TVs and Automobiles industries too, by its smart feature controls. But, the truth is that initially Android is developed by Android Inc. Later on, Google bought it in 2005. Android went on developing and still under renovation. The List of all Android versions are as follows:
(a.) Alpha: Released in the month October, 2007. Dan Morril desinged the first mascot logos of Android. But the famous green Android logo was designed by Irina Blok.
(b.) Beta: The Beta Version of Android was released on November 5, 2007. But, the software development kit (SDK) was released on November 12, 2007. However, many consider the November 5th as the Android’s Birthday.
- Android 1.0: Released on September 23, 2008. This was first available commercially on HTC’s Dream. It is of API Level 1.
- Android 1.1: Released on Febrauary 09, 2009.Initially tested and used on HTC’s Dream only. Later on, it fixed many bugs, changed some features and rebuilt everytime. Actually, Android 1.1 is internally known as Petit Four, which is named after a dessert famous in France.It is of API Level 2.
- Android 1.5-CupCake: Released on April 27, 2009. It is designed basing on the Linux Kernel versioned 2.6.27. This is the first official thing to use a Codename of a Food-Item, Cupcake. From there, it became a tradition to name all the successive versions of Android. It is of a API Level 3.
- Android 1.6-Donut: Released on September 15, 2009. It is designed by applying functions of Linux Kernel versioned 2.6.29. Many Features updated from “Cupcake” to “Donut” in the time-process. It is of a API Level 4.
- Android 2.0-Eclair:Released on October 26, 2009.It’s design made on basing Linux Kernel versioned 2.6.29. However, it has numerous updates, many bug fixes and added features when compared to Android-Donut. It is of a API Level 5.
- Android 2.0.1-Eclair, 2.1-Eclair are the further versions of Android, with minor API changes and bug-fixes. There are of API Levels 6 and 7 respectively. Releases are dated as December 3, 2009 and January 12, 2010.
- Android 2.2 to 2.2.3-Froyo: Released on May 10, 2010. It’s design is based on Linux Kernel versioned as 2.6.32. Whereas the name “Froyo” is short-form of Frozen Yogurt. It varies from it’s previous one,by Speed, Functioning and Operational Characteristics and Features. It is of a API Level 8.
- Android 2.3.3 to 2.3.7-GingerBread: Released on Febrauary 11, 2011. It differs previous version of Gingerbread because of several API fixes and improvements. So, it is of API Level 10.
- Android 3.0-HoneyComb: Released on Febrauary 22, 2011. The first device to use it is Motorola Xoom Tablet. Constructional Features based on Linux Kernel’s 2.6.36 version. It is of API Level 11.
- Android 3.1-HoneyComb, 3.2-3.2.6-HoneyComb are the further versions of HoneyComb, with fixed bugs and API fixtures and UI Refinements. May 10, 2011 and July 15, 2011 were their respective release dates. Respective API levels are API Level 12 and API Level 13.
- Android 4.0 to 4.0.2-Ice Cream Sandwich: Released on October 18, 2011. And it is the last version of ANdroid to support Adobe’s Flash Player. Construction is based on Linux Kernel’s 3.0.1 version. It has API Level 14.
- Android 4.0.3 to 4.0.4-Ice Cream Sandwich: It was released on December 16, 2011. Many Bug-fixes and optimizations, Graphical Improvements and Accesebility Refinements are done, when compared to its preceeding versions. It is of API Level 15.
- Android 4.1 to 4.1.2-Jelly Bean: Released on July 09, 2012. Jelly Bean is introduced to improve the customer support and accessibility features. It changed the User Interface fuctioning a easy task. Nexus 7 is the first device to run JellyBean Version.It has API Level 16 feasability.
- Android 4.2 to 4.2.2-Jelly Bean: Unveiled on October 29, 2012. It is released under a slogan of “New Falvour of Jelly Bean.” Design based on Linux Kernel’s 3.4.0 version. It has API Level 17 feasibility. Introduced in Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 devices at first.
- Android 4.3 to 4.3.1-Jelly Bean: Released on July 24, 2013. It is given a slogan of “An Even Sweeter Jelly Bean.” Second Gen-Nexus 7 is the first official device to get shipped with it. Fixed minor-bugs and other issues from the previous versions. It has API Level 18 feasibility.
- Android 4.4 to 4.4.4-KitKat: It was released on October 31, 2013. Actually, it was first named “Key Lime Pie.” But, later on a statistical review, very few people know about the taste of it. So, later on it was changed to the name of “KitKat.” It got API Level 19 feasibility.
- Android 4.4W to 4.4W2-KitKat: Released on June 25th, 2014. These are additional features developed to be used for Android Wear Technologies like Smart-Watches and Gear.It comes under API Level 20.
- Android 5.0 to 5.0.2-Lollipop: It was released on November 12, 2014. It has the codename of “Android L.” Its source code services were made available in Novemeber, 2014. It is filled with amazing features of Re-bulit User Interface, Improved Touch Accessibility, Lock Screen Notifications etc etc. Another advantage of Lollipop version is Long Standby Time of Battery, when using this version. It got a API Level 21.
- Android 5.1 to 5.1.1-Lollipop: Released on March 09, 2015. It has given its users the options of Quick Joining of Wifi and Bluetooth Networks, Better Device Protection, High-definition Voice Calls Support and more. Notification Priory Sytsem is also improved in this. When compared to previous version of Lollipo, it has got many bug-fixes and Native WiFi Calling Support too. It got a API Level of 22.
- Android 6.0 to 6.0.1-MarshMellow: It is released on October 5th, 2015. It has the codename of “Android M.” Introduced in Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and Nexus Player Devices initially. It is still under development mode. It has got a API Level of 23. Native-Finger Print Reader Support, 4k display mode for Apps are the msot important features those can be seen only in a MarshMellow.
Actually, this thing is commonly seen or observed by the things that happening around the world. When Google started maufacturing Android Mobiles, Apple being its biggest rival was forced to Bring upon a new invention, which resulted in Iphones. However, there is competition to the Android from Windows Phones too. It forced Tech Giant Apple to invent the Iphones as a Jealous Competition to Android Mobiles. However, Apple never made its policies that low to copy the same. Thus, Google’s Android made Apple and Windows its staunch rivals in this field.
Profits or Advantages:
This is what Google usually do to increase their profits. It introduced a Play-Store and made many possible changes to make it stable and surviving. It allows developers to create new apps and allows created apps to be put on the Play-Store. Where everyone in the world, by default can install several apps of his/her choice. Thus, it gets money from installation and advertising services by usage of Google’s Play-Store.
Team behind Android:
Original Creators of Android Inc, Andy Rubin went to Google in 2003, along with his company’s sale. However, later on he decided to work on some another topic. So, Sundar Pichai was made the whole and sole representative replacing Andy Rubin in 2005. Being experienced with many problems in Chrome Section, he handled this section very effectively. At present, He is the CEO of the Google, who takes care of entire Google.
Whenever, where-ever there is a Technical Invention, there will be certain limits and adaptive features out of it. But here; unlike Iphones, Windows Phones; Android Mobiles can be used to design many Apps used for Gear Equipment and Smart-Watches.
Out of total mobile phone users on earth, Android Devices swiftly have a usage percentage 0f 72.1%. Which means all the other Top brands of Smart-Phones wholly cannot comprise the total number of Android Devices.
Note: API- Application Programming Interface
I hope you enjoyed reading this out…Wanna Improve this article: Click Here