Google in collaboration with Indian Railways has been offering high speed WiFi services at selected railway stations in India. Use High Speed Internet at Railway Stations in India- A Collaboration of Google, RailTel and RailWire. Yes, In India, Google initiated a project to provide super speed internet access to all the passengers, people at selected Railway Stations. Google collaborated with Indian Railways and started “RailWire – Google Free WiFi“.
And only a few tens of stations are powered by this project initiative. Have a look at them in below map.
Still many more are yet to be included in this initiative. Sundar Pichai promised Narendra Modi about this thing at Googleplex itself. Look at their meeting’s picture about “Digital India“.
And what is actually this RailWire? Many of you doesn’t know about it pretty well. Right? It is a Retail Broadband initiative of RailTel (which is an undertaking of Indian Railways).
They offers private broadband services too. But, in limited cities only. However, we got most of the info about Google- RailWire- RailTel Collaborative Project. But, do you know how to use this feature? Then, what are we waiting for. Let’s check how that can be used.
Steps to Use RailWire WiFi at Selected Railway Stations of India:
Whenever you enter a Railway Station(selected ones), you can get access to High Speed Internet WiFi provided by Google and RailTel Networks.
The procedure to use it very simple though. And all you need to use this free wifi is nothing but a mobile.
- When you enter the zone of this Free WiFi, try connecting to that WiFi network using your Laptop or Mobile.
- Then automatically, a page of RailWire WiFi access opens up in your default browser.
- It asks for your mobile number. Just type your mobile number and hit enter or click on “Get OTP”.
- Within seconds, you receive a message containing the OTP of free wifi.
- Type it in the box illustrated in popped up Page. Hit Enter.
- And, guess what? Boom..You get connected to Free WiFi featured with high speed internet.
- You get to use 1Gbps speed by this feature.
And the mobile numbers are taken because of Google’s Rules & Conditions of this project. They accumulate these numbers every time.
If the mobile number is first time registered with this Free WiFi, they get abnormally high speed internet. And, if they continuously use the same number every time, the internet speed reduces, when compared to the first time. Thus, Google-RailTel give first priority to new users and try to satisfy them. That’s the Information we’ve decoded by honestly using this Feature. That’s the Story of Google-Indian Railways initiative of Free WiFi at selected stations.
Get more stuff like this in your inbox: Subscribe to our newsletter.